A 'TODO' list is programmer-speak for a list of things that we need 'to do'. Get it :) This list will probably never be empty, as there's always something left to do. A wise programmer once said; "projects are never finished, just abandoned'. So the TODO list tends have new ideas added to it faster than old ones are removed. With that in mind, there are several outstanding requests that come up from time to time, which I'd like to get to eventually. Some of them are as follows:
- Fix final remaining bugs in the TIA emulation (mostly done at this point).
- Add support for remaining esoteric controllers (KidVid and Lightgun), and improve CompuMate emulation (accessing standalone cassette player).
- Add more debugger features, improve graphics access tracking, improve GUI, etc.
- Add rewind support to the entire emulation, not just in the debugger.
- Look into adding movie recording or net play, and/or interface better with 3rd-party recorders.
- Improve ROM Audit functionality.
- Probably a thousand other things that I've forgotten. See the issues list at https://github.com/stella-emu /stella/issues for all items marked 'enhancement'.
As always, if you feel you can contribute to this list in any way (either with suggestions or actual implementation), please contact me by email or create an issue on Github.